Outreach to our local students is important! One of our main initiatives is to support the future creative, marketing and advertising professionals in our community. The AAF Daytona Beach holds fundraisers to support our Jim Shipley Scholarship fund is is pleased to announce that this year will include two scholarships for full-time college underclassmen.
The American Advertising Federation – Daytona Beach will award two students who are pursuing a career in marketing, advertising or related studies a scholarship. DEADLINE TO APPLY EXTENDED TO JUNE 15, 2020! The AAF Daytona Beach Scholarship Awards Committee carefully selects the winners based on their academic achievement, leadership, community service, and talent.
Applications are due on JUNE 15, 2020. Deadline extended!
Recipients will be selected for these merit-based scholarships from finalists who meet the following criteria:
Each candidate must be a student attending undergraduate or graduate classes at a college or university, and must be planning to attend a college or university in Fall 2020.
The applicant must be a legal resident of Volusia or Flagler Counties or attending a college located in Volusia or Flagler Counties.
The student must be enrolled in advertising, marketing, public relations or related major (graphic design, multimedia design, fine art, photography) and has completed at least one course in advertising or related fields.
The applicant must have a 3.0 grade point average or higher and also demonstrate proficiency in their chosen area of study. (Note: a portfolio, resume, real work or internship experiences, awards or letters of commendation may all be suitable to demonstrate the candidate’s proficiency).
The AAF-Daytona Beach Scholarship Award Committee will review all applications and select the ideal candidates for this prestigious award. The decision of the committee will be final. The students selected will receive notification from the President. If you have any questions regarding this application, please contact email@example.com.
How to Enter
1. Be sure to completely fill all spaces with information requested on the online application.
Applications are due by JUNE 15, 2020. Applications not received by the due date above will not be considered. Incomplete applications will also be disqualified.
2. Include 250-word statement describing your advertising/marketing career goals.
3. Include a copy of your academic transcript(s).
4. Include at least one high-resolution sample of your best work. You may submit up to three work samples.
5. Include one letter of recommendation. Letter should be from a professional/personal contact or from a former or current professor. Scans and PDFs from originals are accepted.
6. Application and supporting materials must be uploaded to the online application at https://aafdaytonabeach.wufoo.com/forms/zfqhsjj011s2on/.
Please note that the selection committee reserves the right to contact applicants for interviews in the event of a tie or the need for additional information. In addition, the scholarships awarded will be at the discretion of the board of directors.