Job Descriptions-Media Department
The Media Buyer assists the Media Manager and Media Director in research, planning and placement of all
clients’ projects. The media buyer works closely with account services to establish appropriate media and
budgets. The media buyer attends to all administrative functions and paperwork required to carry out assigned
• Enters rates into media buying software and determines rating points for TV and radio to create effective
media schedule for clients
• Negotiates rates for all forms of media with representatives to ensure budget goals are met
• Issues media reports (buy detail reports) for A/E’s and sends these schedules to the stations to book
media (TV and radio)
• Makes timely placement of all media buys according to campaign schedules
• Establishes deadlines and specs for materials needed for account services to create job order for
• Sends buy recaps to account services team as well as the CFO for financial reports
• Secures value added from stations and communicates info. to Media Coordinator for tracking
• Evaluates proposals/promotions offered by various media outlets and keeps up with market/media trends
• Spends a considerable amount of time communicating with various media representatives from various
forms of media companies – on-line, print, network TV, cable, outdoor and radio
• Routinely attends industry functions and client functions
Self Starter – must work at a fast pace and meet all deadlines presented by account services. The person in this
position must always be looking for new opportunities that will benefit Benedict Advertising’s clients.
Experience with Budget Planning and Maintenance – responsible for a multitude of budgets. The media
buyer must stay within, and ideally stays well under budget, and keeps track of changes and resolves any issues
that may arise.
Negotiating and Communication Skills – Media Buyer spends the majority of their time negotiating media
rates and various proposals. A high level of communication is needed to form a trusting working relationship
with all media representatives.
Computer Skills – must be proficient in Microsoft Office – especially Word and Excel. The person must be
extremely efficient in using media buying software.
Contact Hollee Palot for more information, or to apply.