The American Advertising Federation – Daytona Beach (AAF-DB) is pleased to announce that it will award Four (4) $500 Scholarships to Four (4) worthy high school seniors or college students actively pursuing studies and a future career in advertising or related fields.
The scholarships are to be awarded at the AAF-Daytona Beach American Advertising Awards Gala on Saturday, March 4, 2017. This is a prestigious award and event, winners are also featured in our official printed winner's booklet.
Applications are due on February 5, 2017. (The deadline has been extended to allow last minute applicants to send their info - previously due Feb. 1)
Recipients will be selected for these merit-based scholarships from finalists who meet the following criteria:
• Each candidate must be a student attending undergraduate or graduate classes at a college or university, or a high school senior in Volusia or Flagler County. Students must be planning to attend a college or university full time in the Fall of 2017.
• The applicant must be a legal resident of Volusia or Flagler Counties or attending a college located in Volusia or Flagler Counties.
• The student must be enrolled in advertising, marketing, public relations or related major (graphic design, multimedia design, fine art, photography) and has completed at least one course in advertising or related fields.
• The applicant must have a 3.0 grade point average or higher and also demonstrate proficiency in their chosen area of study. (Note: a portfolio, resume, real work or internship experiences, awards or letters of commendation may all be suitable to demonstrate the candidate’s proficiency).
The AAF-Daytona Beach Scholarship Award Committee will review all applications and select the ideal candidates for this prestigious award. The decision of the committee will be final. The students selected will receive notification from the President. If you have any questions regarding this application, please contact Morgan Burton, Education Chair at email@example.com.
1. This is an online form. We recommend reviewing it in advance to make sure you have all of the proper information ready to submit, as there is no way to save a draft. Be sure to completely fill all spaces with information requested on this application. Applications are due by February 5, 2017. Applications not received by the due date will not be considered. Incomplete applications will also be disqualified.
2. Include a 250-500 word statement describing your advertising/marketing career goals with your online application, in PDF format or by writing in the field provided on the digital application.
3. Upload a copy of your academic transcript(s) in digital form, or send a copy of your transcript via mail to AAF Daytona Beach, PO Box 9871, Daytona Beach, FL 32120. Transcripts must be received by 2/5/17 and should be mailed by 1/15/17 to ensure timely delivery.
4. Include at least one high-resolution sample of your best work. If you are a business or marketing student and do not have creative work to show, please include a school paper, case study or project which you have written, demonstrating your capabilities in the field. You may submit up to three work samples into one zipped file on the digital form. PDF format is preferred.
5. Include one letter of recommendation. Letter should be from a professional/personal contact or from a former or current professor. Scans and PDFs from originals are accepted via upload on the digital form.
6. Application and supporting materials must be submitted via the online form. If you do not have digital copies of your transcript and letters of recommendation, please mail these by 1/15/17 and let us know via email to be expecting these items to complete your application process.
Please note that the selection committee reserves the right to contact applicants for interviews in the event of a tie or the need for additional information. In addition, the scholarships awarded will be at the discretion of the board of directors.