Social Media Manager Internship, (Paid)
DME Sports Academy, Daytona Beach, Florida 32114
DME Sports Academy is looking to hire a Social Media Manager to join the Marketing and Communications team! The candidate will plan and post content on social networks, engage with followers, and participate in online outreach. The candidate will work with four sports categories (basketball, volleyball, soccer, and sports performance). The candidate will directly assist the Director of Communications.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, or Journalism
• Excellent writing and organizational skills
• Strong computer skills, with knowledge of MS Office program and Google Business Suite
• Knowledge of and experience with social networks (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and
• Willingness to learn and contribute ideas
• Proven ability to work independently and multi-task
• Must be able to work evenings/weekends and maintain a flexible work schedule.
• Available to work 40 hours per week
• A valid driver’s license
• Collegiate and/or professional social media strategist
• Live within a 50 mile radius of Daytona Beach, Florida
• A demonstrated ability to write copy.
• Learn about our brand(s)
• Plan, produce and share daily social media content
• Create media calendar
• Write pre/post game analysis, interviews, and player profiles.
• Develop and implement a style for social media communications.
• Assist with content brainstorming and development
• Learn about marketing automation software
• Must be able to work some evenings/weekends
• Assist with building relevant media list
• Document minutes during conference calls
To apply: Please send Cover Letter, CV, and portfolio to Director of Communications, Simone Billings at
Deadline to Apply: November 30th, 2017
Employee Status: December 2017-August 2018 with the option for an additional 1 year renewal
Schedule: Full-time, Paid
Travel: Some (to Orlando and Tampa)